The Department of ENT is led by Dr Sharad Mehta, senior consultant ENT surgeon since 1995. During his long tenure, Dr Mehta has successfully accomplished a wide range of surgeries, primarily covering:
- Surgery for cancers of the head and neck
- Surgery for thyroid cancer (thyroidectomy)
- Superficial & total parotidectomy
- Modified and radical neck dissection separately or in conjunction with hemimandibulectomy
- Excision of oral cavity tumours, total, subtotal and medial maxillectomy
- Lateral rhinotomy for excision of the nasal mass
- Removal of nasopharyngeal angiofibroma
- Total and partial laryngectomy
- Excision of benign and malignant tumours of the submandibular salivary gland
- Surgery for cancer lip and reconstruction
- Some other surgeries include excision of neck swellings such as thyroglossal cyst, lymphangioma, branchial sinus and neurogenic tumours
- Facial plastic surgery (repair of congenital anomalies such as cleft lip and cleft palate)
- Micro ear surgery
Dr Mehta has performed more than 2000 cleft surgeries. He is also an expert in performing rhinoplasty and reconstruction of microtia.
Dr Mehta has done more than 1500 ear microsurgeries which include tympanoplasty, ossiculoplasty, mastoidectomy, mastoidectomy with canal wall reconstruction, stapedectomy, grommet insertion. Global Hospital is one of the few hospitals in southwest Rajasthan and the only hospital in district Sirohi to offer a wide variety of ear microsurgeries.
Dr Mehta’s expertise also includes endoscopic sinus surgery (for chronic sinusitis, nasal polyposis, chronic dacryocystitis and removal of nasal mass) and micro laryngeal surgery (for vocal nodules, vocal polyps, vocal cord cysts, etc.)
Global Hospital is the only hospital in district Sirohi to offer regular ENT consultation and surgical facilities.