Dr Dilip Kothari, consultant gastrointestinal, general & laparoscopic surgeon leads and heads the Surgical Department. Junior consultant surgeon Dr Tejal Bhoy and senior clinical associate in the surgical department Dr Naba Jyoti Upadhyaya complete the team.
The Surgical Department handles a wide spectrum of cases including:
- Hernias of all types
- Gall bladder stone operations
- Small intestine operations
- Colon and rectum operations
- Surgery for pancreas & liver problems
- Operations of the eosophagus
- Operations of the stomach (intestinal problems)
- Piles, fistula & fissure operations
- Breast-related operations
- The team handles a variety of cancers of the abdomen.
Urology surgeries are performed by a visiting surgeon.
Routine investigative procedures include upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, etc. Other routine procedures include endoscopic dilatation, endoscopic variceal, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy, etc.